Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dumb drummer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by British Gas, Jun 15, 2003.

1. My band had a drummer that thought he could play when he liked and thought he was the band leader by the way he mouthed of. He even became like this out of band and so one day, he thought that it would be funny to throw a piece of wood at my friend - the guitarist of the band. We were already going to throw him out of the band but we didn't know how to do it. Anyway, the guitarist walks up to him and yells;

"You're out of the band!"

He was :mad:
    We were :cool:

Plain and simple :bassist:

2. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    The straight forward approach usually is the best one...

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Thank you for not posting some whiney-ass request for "the best way to handle this." Your guitarist threw political correctness to the wind, and summarily and expeditiously excised the wart off your band's ass. GOOD JOB!

4. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Agreed, and he's lucky he didn't get a shoe in the head on the way out, if you ask me.

5. Ian Hall

Ian Hall

May 31, 2002
    Rialto,CA
    I came up a step short- my drummer was recently informed that he can be replaced.

6. Jiles

Jiles Banned

Nov 28, 2001
    I kicked my old drummer's ass one night....on-stage. People still rememeber that...lol.

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Drum and Drummer.

8. this seems like a suitable thread to post these mp3's-
    messing up by the drummer referred to in my signature, who i hope I never have to play with again in any situation- aside from his poor timing and insistence on doing innumerable takes when recording, he's become unnecessarily and unbearably argumentative, and basically I can't stand the guy.

first up-
    choosing to stop and adjust his snare or cymbal stand in the middle of a song (with nice sung comment from the singer, which dumb drummer didn't notice)-

9. and now not bothering to pay attention at all and coming in at double time to a song we'd played several times before.
    then to add insult to injury, talking and disrupting the song further.

both clips are from about 4 or 5yrs ago, but he hasn't really improved since then.

10. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Exactly what crossed my mind when I read the thread title...