Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dumb question from a newb

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by duo8675309, Jun 26, 2005.

1. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    Ok, this is probably going to seem really stupid, but on all those "Unplugged" and acoustic shows, why doesn't the bass player go acoustic? Is there a big difference? Like I said, really stupid, but its been bugging me for a long time. :crying:

2. Gintaras

Gintaras Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    I am a newbie also but have been reading a lot about acoustic basses. They just are not loud enough to be heard over a couple of acoustic guitars. Go and play a few at the local guitar center and you will see (or hear) In fact even with my limited knowledge, I found the acoustic bass a let down until I played a Tacoma. Looking forward to playing a Michael Kelly. It seems that the decent ones are expensive. I learned mostly everything I know about acoustic basses on this site so go searching.....

3. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    oh ok. thank you. that explains it! lol. I once saw a bass resonator at a pawn shop. that thing was weird, but in a pimped out way! :bassist: