1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dumb Question - How to Search JUST the For Sale Ads?

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by EdO., Feb 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Another dumb newbie question. A little slow on the uptake here. I'm trying to search just the For Sale ads but can't seem to figure out how to do it without getting 80 pages of everything. Input appreciated.

2. Tanner5382

Tanner5382

Sep 26, 2010
    Canton, GA
    Click on Forums, go to where it says Classifieds, and from there you can pick what category (basses, amps, etc) you want to look at For Sale ads for.

3. Appreciate the feedback. I want to search for a specific name, type etc. Like "thunderbird" or "ampeg" etc, not just basses for sale i.e. Trying to narrow down the search so I don't have to filter through 80 pages of basses for sale looking just for a specific type of bass.

4. When you are in the "for sale" section of say amps.. use the search function.. put in there "Ampeg" and specify thread titles only.. and you will just get Ampeg sales ..

5. Oh and there are no "Dumb" questions on TB.. but sometimes there are some "dumb" answers..

6. Knew I was missing something simple. That was the fix 99Z3, appreciate it, thank you!

99Z3 likes this.
  7. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Actually you can go to the 'basses for sale' forum and when you do your search, click the 'search this forum only' box.

99Z3 and /\/\3phist0 like this.
  8. That works too..

9. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    You can even narrow it down to your state, a nearby state, etc.

99Z3 likes this.
  10. organworthyplayer337

organworthyplayer337 Professional Hack

Oct 28, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Also, filter in only For Sale/Trade items. I know that almost everytime is search for anything I get 20-30 "SOLD" ads

99Z3 likes this.
  11. The Collective Brain Trust here is awesome as always. Really appreciate all the help guys, thank you.

organworthyplayer337 and 99Z3 like this.