Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dumb question?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Feb 3, 2001.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Okay - perhaps this is a dumb question, perhaps not. How the hell do I get back to where I started in my reading of posts here, after I post something. Whenever I sign on, and put up a post, I use the back button on my browser and have to go back like 10 times before I wind up at the posts again. I also have to sign on again then if I want to post another message. Am I missing something here - or do I have to sign on everytime I post, even if it's in the same visit.

If that made any sense, can somebody help?

2. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Hey Joe...That's not a dumb question, (to me anyway, as I used to struggle with this...) I'm using IE and instead of just hitting the 'Back' button, I use the little drop down menu right next to it. This drops down like the last 6 page titles and I go to 'Search Results'. If you see several 'Search Results' the one closest to the top is the one to pick.

Try it...just put your mouse over the 'Back' button and you'll see a little black down pointing arrow just to the right...

Of course, this assumes you're using IE :eek:

-robert

3. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    Click on TalkBass Forums at the top left side of the page.

4. Jennifer

Jennifer

Jul 31, 2000
    Erie, Illinois
    Also, you can scroll down to the bottom of the page, there is a forum jump that will take you to any forum you want.