Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dumbest Album Title?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Blackbird, Aug 15, 2000.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Ok, here's a fun lttle thread: What's the dumbest album Title you've ever seen and from what artist?

The dumbest one I've seen was "The raw and the cooked", from Fine Young Cannibals.

(dis)honorable mention: "Songs from the big chair", by Tears for Fears.

Will C.:cool:

2. frost13

frost13

Apr 12, 2000
    Hot Rats.....Frank Zappa. Great music though....:)

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

How about Ummagumma by Pink Floyd - which also has the outright winner for a single song title : "Several species of small furry animals gathered together in a cave and grooving with a Pict."!

4. Scottzo

Scottzo

Jan 20, 2000
    Fiona Apples silly 80 word title. That pretentious little minx.

Solid tunes though.

5. frost13

frost13

Apr 12, 2000
    One of my favorite song titles...is an old one from the Amboy Dukes......"Why is a carrot, more orange, than an orange?"

6. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Cant beat: "We do what the second word of our name says all day long until we get tired" by the "Hate F*** Trio." It was at one of the stores around here. I wonder if it was just a fake CD...

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  8. frost13

frost13

Apr 12, 2000
    I think I saw that band ..the Hate Fart Trio at a Chili cookoff last year. And it sounded like they HAD been doing a bit of sampling....:)

47th Street likes this.
  9. how bout "The Uplift Mofo Party Plan" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers?

10. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I saw once a really cool album title..."Steal This Album". I don´t remember the artist, but I thought it was funny..

11. the upcoming limp bizkit album is supposedly going to be called "chocolate starfish and the hotdog-flavored water." dingdingding, i think we have a winner.

47th Street likes this.