Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dumbest guy on TB? ... me

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Reverend G-Money, Jun 23, 2004.

1. yeah, i am.. i was so stupid on monday night that i actually got in my car and drove to 7-11 which is only a block from my house. not that being lazy was stupid, it's the fact that i got a DUI. NOT COOL. i'm a broke mofo anyhow and i just set my parents back a Grand for bailing me out and getting my car out of impound. I'm 29 and this is my first offense ever so i'm hoping i can get i knocked down a little bit..... i'm calling to get a PD today and hopefully get some help on this...

Thinking back it was a good thing i was only a block away and it was pretty dead on the streets that night. i wasn't driving erratically (i got pulled for a broke tail light i didn't know i had) but i'm lucky i didn't crash or run anyone over.

word to the wise, just because it's convenient doesn't make it the right decision.

wish me luck.. :meh:

2. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

" Their is allways Hope in the Future" - Major Metal

3. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    That is pretty stupid, don't drink and drive people!

I knew someone that got their first DUI in cali and had $1000 fine, community service and had their license suspended for a year (granted he had crashed into a tree), so you might be in for a little of that fun. I don't know what I would do if I could not drive for a whole year, but I think after that I would think 20x before getting in the car after drinking.

4. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Well, you gain a few points with me by posting this as it serves as a public service announcement that others can benefit from.
    People - don't drive after drinking. Ever. Not even for one block or on a country road with nobody around - not even if you've only had a little, there are just no acceptable circumstances. Of course we have no right to endanger others, but all that aside - the legal limits are set so low and the fines and various repercussions are so severe that it is just never worth it.
    Hey Gusto, I'm not without sin and will not cast a stone - I'm just curious… why were you headed to 7eleven, did you run out of smokes or was it a beer run?

5. no kidding. i'm looking for a pit crew like that commercial with Matt Kenseth where they take off his tires, steering wheel, when he shows up to a party... uggghh.. worst experience in my life. being in 7 holding tanks for 10 hours was no fun either. i NEVER want to go back to SD central jail again!!! that was the most humiliating, degrading, rotten place i've ever seen (well, tijuana is close).. EVER.

and yes, i will no longer be drinking at shows or rehearsals. that chapter in my life has closed. to all who think it's "fun" or "relaxing" to drink at shows, you might want to think again. i'm lucky it wasn't on a gig night with all my stuff in the car. that would've been horrible.

so anyhow, let the gus-bashing begin, i'm sure i deserve it...

6. even worse... it was cat food :meh: something i could've easily picked up on my bike. no smokes here, that stuff will kill you (as i take a sip of my 40 and do a shot of jager...... not really, sarcasm to my stupidity)....

all under-21's on TB> this is reality. i thought it wouldn't "happen to me". Bull$**t. it happens. it sucks. don't even think about doing driving if you've had even 2 drinks. that's still "drunk" by their system.

7. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    gusto - whoa, didn't notice you were in san diego before. the friend I mentioned actually pulled his DUI down there and said the same thing about the drunk tanks, he said he wouldn't even sit down it was so disgusting he tried standing the whole time he was there.

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Man, I'da just walked.

But, hey, at least you know it was stupid. I know some people who would blame "the effin cops for busting me."

No one was hurt, you got caught, lesson learned.

9. You can plead it down to a misdemeanor, since it's your first offense. Try to get a "restricted" drivers' license, that you can at least "move around".

Hope that helps.

:bassist: /lawyer

10. yeah, i'm calling a PD today. i gotta do something...

walking.. whata concept.. wish i would've thought about it then..

vbass- the drunk tanks here are so nasty. makes me shudder just thinking about it. the gourmet meal... paper sack with 4 pcs of bread, peanut butter, jelly, baloney (slightly green too), and mustard. An orange (thank the lord for this it's all i could stomach) and a carton of grape-flavored drink. love the label "contains no juice".... i'm a moron..

11. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Is a restricted license so you can like, go to and from work and all but if you're caught driving past a certain designated time then you're in trouble?

12. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    Dude that bites. cat food. I feel for you brother. Don't get too down about it though, been there done that and you learned from your mistake. Don't dwell on it. Nothing good comes from that. Now for anyone who wants to drink and drive: Talk to anyone who has had a DUI and ask them how difficult it was to get their license back. The state literally makes you go through hell. I know a guy who ten years of clean livng and $10,000 of lawyer costs later, still doesn't :bawl: have his licence back. Damn, cat food bro.

13. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    :scowl: Now you've done it. Props to you for accepting your mistake and learning from it. A friend of mine quite often actually gets VERY drunk then tries to drive home. I usually have to physically remove her keys from her. It's a shame that all her other friends don't think it's a big deal. If me or a few of her more responsible friends aren't there, she will drive home...

Good luck getting soem driving priveledges back. I think you are a safe bet not to drive drunk again.

Travis

14. most everyone who i've spoken with including my neighbor, who has 4 DUI's, said i can probably get it reduced to a misdemeanor. I will have to take classes, suspended license, fines all that crap.. as far as i know the temporary restricted license should be easy to get, i need to get to work to pay them fines!! it costs them more money to lock me up than to have me pay them off.. still it was a really moronic thing to do..

15. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    Just get to work on keeping your license man. Quit getting down about it. That only lowers your self esteem. As a bass player of the mighty TB site, we need you at your tops. We've all done stupid stuff that you'll eventually forget about, like I once wet the bed with my wife laying next to me. She was pregnant at the time and woke thinking her water had broken. Dude, she had pee all over her. She never forgot about that. :scowl:

16. wow. that's pretty bad! i'm not really down. i'm on the top of my game. It's just sucks for a moment and then you get over it. Facing it is harder than actually dealing with it and once i get the wheels in motion i know i can deal with it.. procrastination has always been one of my finer points :rolleyes:

gonna eat luch first and then make the calls... thanks for all the advice everyone..

17. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois

Yah, I peed on my wife. Since I'm telling all I've got another one for you. I once had a really bad cold and ate way too much vitamin C. It gave me mega-squirts. So, me and my wife are laying in bed trying to go to sleep and I feel this hella fart coming on. So I gave my low end a squeeze and my mudspitter spat. You wanna talk embarrassment. Would you believe I'm still married? I don't think my hot wife would have put up with any of it if I didn't rock so much. :bassist:

18. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm sorry, but that's the hardest I've laughed all week.

19. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    Absolute truth brother, absolute truth. :rollno:

20. oh man.. i thought i had it bad!!!! dude... that's $hi**y!!!! bad pun i know.. i think i just peed myself laughing so hard.. love the creative use of adjectives too!! ... that was too much..