Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dump the left margin

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Don Higdon, Feb 17, 2001.

1. Please, Paul, get rid of that left margin. It's annoying, it cramps the screen, and I'm already sick of seeing the picture, and I don't even know who it is.
    I'm usually a go-along person, but this is irritating, big-time.
    DUMP IT.
    Please.

2. I agree. It's already on the home page, so why bother putting it on every page? It is kind of reDUMBdant, Yes?

3. pierce

pierce freethinker

May 25, 2000
    San Francisco, Ca
    i agree, its really cool on the forum home page, but after that its a pain in the arse.

4. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Another vote to dump it, because I don't like scrolling left and right to see the forum info.

5. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Count my vote to dump the left margin. Especially if Jeff Berlin is in it. Great player, but his personal skills leave a lot to be desired.

6. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
    Count my vote, too.
    I run in 640x480 (have no choice) and it eats one fourth of the screen area.
    Maybe put these things at the bottom?

Thanks, Paul.

7. maybe you guys should read the thread on this in BG section, paul mentions why its there and stuff i do believe, i cant remeber where it is but he talks about it

8. OK, we'll go halfway- leave the left margin on the BG side, and get rid of it on the DB side.
    I enjoy being fair.

9. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Cute Don. :)

How about just making the frame an adjustable size, so I can shrink it and have the main frame readjust to the size of the window?