Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by dustklose, May 5, 2005.

1. dustklose

Feb 5, 2005
    North Dakota
    well...i got dumped after about 6 of the best months of my life....her friends all hated my guts....and so she left me....we kinda agreed on it but i dont wanna let her go...her friends wont compromise...and she hasnt really talked to me since.....i'm so confused on why she did that
  2. honestly if her friends can sway her she isnt worth your time. it may sting now but hold out for that one who can't stand to live without you and you will be MUCH happier in the end. trust me you have your whole life ahead of you. keep looking
  3. dustklose

Feb 5, 2005
    North Dakota
    thats the thing....i know i have my whole life ahead of me....but i cant seem to get over her......man i've seen a shrink.....i'm on anti-depressents.....and.........i take sleeping pills........so ya haha....i dont wanna let her go
  4. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    It's just gonna take some time. Use the time you would've spent with her to play, gig, or get outside and get some fresh air. Go out in the woods and scream at the trees. Let it all out. It will get better over time.

I was with a girl for 3 1/2 years and when we broke up I thought my world was over. I spent the next 8 months recovering from that breakup. I wasn't even looking for a date when the girl of my dreams came into my life. 12 years later and we're happily married and just had our first child.
  5. Chicks,

Can't hold their smoke...

It's funny, a few years down the line you'll look back and laugh.

When I was in college I went out with a chick who was a completely gorgeous model lookin' chick, and she was cool in that moody, mysterious sort of way. When we broke up I lost around 25 pounds, couldn't stomach food, but beer went down really well. I didn't see her for the better part of 10 years. She looked OK, not great- and I thought the years had gotten the better of her. I ran into some pictures of us from back then. She wasn't really all that hot. Also, what I mistook for cool, moody and mysterious was complete insanity and insecurity.

Look back and laugh now.
  6. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    It's true. In the first stage of these scenarios, it feels like you'll never get over it, and that you're completely devestated. (Which you apparantly are.)

Every day, it gets a little bit better, trust me. I've been there, and so have a lot of other people.

How do you eat an elephant?
    One bite at a time. :cool:
  7. You won't even have the time to finish one leg before it starts rotting.

The end of a relationship is a mourning, literally. How long and how tough is the mourning depends on what level and for how long your relationship lasted. You said it lasted for about six months, and given the fact that you're still pretty young, I don't think you were living with her. So I can tell you that the wounds will heal fast.

The first breakups are always the worst ones, though. Even if you're not as seriously engaged with the loved one, oftentimes you are deeply attached to that person, and you feel like your whole world is crumbling around you. Don't worry, when the dust settles down, you will find out that you have a new life to live, with new people to meet, and new adventures to experience.

Don't worry, the end of something is only the beginning of something else. Good luck.
  8. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Not one for figures of speech, eh?
  9. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I think the only appropriate revenge is to post all the naked pics you have of her all over the internet. I can preview them for you if you'd like.
  10. ...and "not traditionally attractive women" to "be" with... :rollno:
  11. Please pardon my poor attempt at humour. :)
  12. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    3000! WTG!
  13. The 3K posting dead man with a fork in his head!

14. Fudge! I didn't notice that!

15. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    It is better to be dumped than to meet someone really pretty and fun and interesting, get her phone number, and then lose it. ;)
  16. Made my day.
    And yeah breakups suck, but time heals all wounds.
  17. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

Not exactly, one can easily brood over regret and 'woulda, coulda, shoulda' mentality to essentially prevent a wound from ever healing. It's the metaphysical equivalent of picking a scab, that even when it does 'heal' it's now become a scar and you're left with it for a long long time.

So, don't wallow, and time will heal your wounds.

I recently broke up with a girl I have had a thing with for the better part of 5 years. Mostly off on type stuff, where when it was on it was so amazingly good for both of us, but every so often, wounds from the past would open up and spoil it. Finally, it seems to be spoiled for good, and I don't know what to think really, but I have learned a lot I guess, bugger that it had to be through so much angsty bullship.
  18. Ethon

Jan 25, 2003
    Akron, Ohio
    The worst is when you end a year-long relationship, and 7 months later she tells you how she was sorry she broke up with me and wants to get back together...there's something to think about :confused:
  19. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Yes, time is a great healer but a lousy beautician.

Dude, you're at 9,999 posts! Does it roll around to all zeros after this?
  20. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I think you're too young to be feeling this way over a girl. Focus on your school and future.