1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

duncan designed MM-101

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by etherealme, Sep 10, 2008.

1. etherealme

etherealme Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Louisiana
    On the topic of the seymour duncan pick-ups - Would anyone want to field a question for me? I'm trying to get the sound on my p/j fender of that on my schecter cv-4 which sports the MM-101 in the bridge position. It seems that they don't offer the duncan designed MM-101 anymore. ?? At any rate I'm having trouble finding one that isn't presently attached to a schecter... Is there an equivalent basslines pick-up, i.e. are the musicman's such as the SMB-4 etc. similar in tone? The problem is that I can't seem to find any specifics on the mm-101. Alnico, ceramic, moderate ouput... so I don't know how to match it similarly.

Thanks a bunch!

In other words what would a good bridge replacement for the MM-101 growly vintage jazz tone be since I can't find those?

I'm thinking of going with a dual coil stk-j1b if a comparable tone pick-up to the mm-101 can't be confirmed... At least it won't hum when dialed in all by itself...