Duncan?? ?:

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Sojhen, Mar 2, 2003.

1. I've heard that Duncan pickup's are some of the best kind you can purchase.. But I am not exactly sure if that would apply to Bass guitars as well considering I was being told that they are great for Electric guitar so would someone be able to tell me from their experiances which pickup's worked best for them and what their opinions on them are.. and maybe even the prices if you are that knowledgeable..Thanks for your time....:bassist:
  2. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    Seymour Duncan Basslines. Yes, they make great pickups for both guitar and bass. I put a SPB2 Hot P Bass pickup in my Yamaha and it was a dramatic change for the best. He makes so many different models that you will have to have some idea of what tone your looking for. I paid $40 used for this pick up. Worth every penny. I also like Bartolini's. Prices new for them start around $80.
  3. Ok, well I have a 5-string Hamer Cruisebass ... I was just wonder what you guys might be able to suggest if and when I end up changing my pickup's I don't have any idea really on what tone I'd want I am still fairly new... But I want to eventually have the best equipment I can.... Thanks for your time...
  4. That's what I was thinking it's only a $500 bass so I was hoping in the future to replace the pickup's.. It's sound pretty good to my ear thus far but I'm sure as I progress as a Bass player my tastes will become more refined.... The one in that picture should be a CruiseBass it's also discontinued..:bassist: