1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dunlop 105Q clips?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by darkside 88, Dec 11, 2006.

1. darkside 88

darkside 88

Feb 23, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Please?

2. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    great pedal i own one and love it.

3. darkside 88

darkside 88

Feb 23, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Any clips beside that one?

4. darkside 88

darkside 88

Feb 23, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    No.

:(

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
  6. darkside 88

darkside 88

Feb 23, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Ooooh.

Nice.

7. markjazzbassist

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    its a nice pedal. The Q dial is a nice feature. I A/B'ed it with the Morley Dual Bass Wah and the Dunlop won hands down.

Jim Dunlop knows Wahs.

8. Perhaps, but why then has every 105Q I've ever tried overloaded when I strum a chord on my Stingray? darkside 88, my advice is to make sure you test thoroughly before you buy.

PS; Morley also know their wahs, and IMO they made the best wah there ever was, the Tel-Ray PWO. Just a shame they don't go back to those old designs and look at them again!

9. markjazzbassist

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    you gotta make sure the volume on the thing isn't maxed so the amp clips. you gotta adjust the volume. I Wah chords all the time and its fine.

10. What I experienced was definitely not amp clipping - it only occured in the middle of the sweep (ie; right where the filter peak is at its highest.) I twiddled knobs until my fingers were sick of those tiny pots... which wasn't very long! Just couldn't shake the distortion.

11. darkside 88

darkside 88

Feb 23, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Hmm...interesting. In any case, it's on it's way, compliments of my sister (merry xmas to me). The fact that a Stingray overloaded it concerns. I have a Trib L2k, which is in many respects, the Stingrays twin brother, even moreso with the release of the HH models. I don't play many chords, though, so it may not be a hindrance, just an unfortunate blemish.

We shall see come Christmas...maybe earlier.

12. darkside 88

darkside 88

Feb 23, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Then again, the distortion could be used to my advantage.

13. Some days I feel like the only person on the planet who's had this experience though. Just check it out good before you commit.

14. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    my 105q doesnt distort at all. the q and volume controls are so cool and allow just the right amount of tweakability to get your sound just right. Its also really neat to be able to adjust the trim pot inside to tweak the sensitivity of the on/off. I have mine set to the most sensitive setting so that it shuts off instantly after taking your foot off the pedal.

15. darkside 88

darkside 88

Feb 23, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    It got here.

:)

16. jsbass

jsbass

Sep 3, 2006
    WI
    Tel-Ray Morley PWB > all.