1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dunlop 105Q problem...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Dr Stankface, Apr 3, 2013.

1. So after doing a bit of research I haven't been able to find an answer on this one so it's time to come to you guys! I just picked up a Dunlop 105Q from another TB member. I bought it as is with it having this problem. My signal passes fine through the pedal when it is not engaged. The second it engages though, the signal completely drops. Thoughts? Any help would be awesome. :)

2. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

Apr 9, 2011
    Apologies for the silly question but have you checked that the volume is turned up on the pedal? :p

3. Hah! After looking at it for 5 minutes I thought the same thing. Thinking hopefully I reached down to turn it up and still no dice. Damn!

4. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    My first step would be to check for a loose wire. Then battery and power supply operation. Half of all issues involve common sense. Probable half of the other issues involve power supplies.

Second try to narrow it down. Inject signal with the pedal engaged to the board and see if you get signal at the output. Work back.

And a question for the more informed masses. How does the step switch work? I can't see a switch hooked up to it.

Good luck fixing it. This is one cool wah.

5. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

Apr 9, 2011
    Shame! I agree with above, check your power supply and use a battery see if anything works with a battery or a power supply also check other pedals with that supply! I own a 105q as well and have never had any problem so I'm a little surprised!

6. I think I've effectively ruled out it being a power issue. I've changed power supplies, changed cables in the power supplies and tried using batteries. None of which made an impact on the final outcome. :/

7. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    I've been through three 105Qs with the exact same issue--they all do this, sooner or later. Seems that the op-amps blow really easily in this pedals (same issue with all three of mine)... As much as I love the sound of the 105Q, I'm sure as hell never never buying another one.

--

8. Forgive my lack of knowledge in this matter but is that something fixable at a reasonable cost?

9. Looks like a call to Dunlop may be in order..

10. vegas532

vegas532 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    Call Dunlop, for sure. They have a FANTASTIC service department!