Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dunlop Brick with muff and compulator

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Whitebread, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Whitebread

Whitebread

Jun 26, 2000
    Kansas
    I have a Dunlop Brick power supply on the way and will be using it to power a demeter compulator and a usa big muff. As many of you know, these pedals do not have the standard power input like boss pedals and others. So, am I going to need to get or do something to be able to plug these two into the Brick, and if so, what?

Thanks

2. DC Brick comes with 9v and 18v supplies and three different power cables.

You will have a problem with the Demeter but I don't know the EHX Muff power requirements.

The Demeter requires an external power supply using mini plug, tip positive, 9 volt DC regulated (100 milliamp or more).

The DC Brick gives you seven 9V outputs that can handle an average of 55 milliamps each, or a total of 375 milliamps in any configuration. I guess this means you will have to runn fewer pedals to stay under the total.

3. Whitebread

Whitebread

Jun 26, 2000
    Kansas
    Anyone know what I'm going to have to do?

4. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    1-Spot makes an adapter that will convert the standard 'Boss-type' plug to an 1/8" plug like the Demeter requires.

5. mksolid

mksolid

Jan 4, 2005
    Brooklyn
    I would probably just use 9volts in the Demeter to be honest with you. The pedal seems really efficient from when I've had a battery in it. James is very skilled in circuit design.

6. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

I use a Dunlop Brick to power my Demeter Pedals (A Compulator, Fuzzulator and Tremulator). I use the One-spot adaptor kit to convert the plug and run them off the Brick without any problems whatsoever.

Max

7. Whitebread

Whitebread

Jun 26, 2000
    Kansas
    Alright, I ordered a couple adaptors from one spot that should solve my problem, thanks alot for the help.