1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dunlop Crybaby bass wah mod.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by twowordnamegru, Jul 8, 2012.

1. twowordnamegru

twowordnamegru

Jul 8, 2012
    I just picked up a Crybaby bass wah, and I LOVE the tone, but dislike the "Auto-Return Design" I miss the activation switch and the ability to not have have the wah return to the top position all the time. Does anyone know of a modification that could turn it into a more traditional style wah where I could leave the wah in the down position and use it as more of a filter?

2. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    You could remove the leaf spring underneath.

3. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    ^ tried that once upon a time, it works as long as you have the wah in a true bypass loop so that you can turn it off that way (which is better, given the pedal's crappy bypass) since the heel button needs to be depressed to turn the effect off and without the leaf spring it tends to fall into the toe-down position. The treadle itself is pretty loose and doesn't really stay where you put it, unless you can figure out a way to tighten it up.

4. fender_mod

fender_mod

Jun 23, 2005
    Ya I put mine in a true bypass looper and removed the metal spring and the treadle is very loose. Anyone got an idea how to tighten it?