Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

dunlop crybaby & boss overdrive?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by patrickroberts, Mar 22, 2001.

1. patrickroberts

patrickroberts

Aug 21, 2000
    Wales, UK
    i am thinking of getting a Dunlop crybaby wah for me brthday. i was wondering is it wirth getting the 'Q' version of the pedal. and also; will it sound good if the wah sound is combined with the distortion of the boss overdrive pedal?

2. GET THE 105Q(the white one)it's made for bass.other wah pedals meant for guitar will suck your lows and will not sound quite right.Also there are two small pots on bottom that control "Q"..the amount of sweep and "volume"...you know what does(you can get a boost if needed). If you like the Cliff Burton>anastasia(spelling???)sound than you will like the way it sounds with dist. you can also get a Bootsy-like envelope filter kinda sound with more subtle dist. settings.I would reccomend the Q105, "guitar" wahs just won't cut it(I had other wahs and got rid of them all and went without for a long time..so when this pedal came out I investigated right away)I don't think you'll be dissapointed...hope this helps

3. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Not to influence your decision or anything, but the Dunlop Crybaby 105Q Bass Wah and Boss ODB-3 Bass Overdrive are both staples on Flea's pedalboard.

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I had a crybaby made for bass by Dunlop that absolutely sucked. Years later, I saw Flea with the white one. I bought it, the 105Q. It is the ONLY one that actually works. (unless you want to destroy a guitar rig ala Geezer NIB). I would reccomend it.

5. shagEb

shagEb Guest

Apr 14, 2001
    USA, Polkville NC
    I've been using the Dunlop 105Q Crybaby for about four months and have no conplaints. I haven't used the Boss Overdrive but I hear it"s a great pedal.