1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

dunlop crybaby vs morley PBA-2

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lull&smooth, Jun 30, 2005.

1. lull&smooth

lull&smooth

Jun 21, 2004
    im looking forward to buying a new wah pedal and i need some advice on what i should get. Ive found two good ones the morley pba-2 and the crybaby 105Q. Ive heard sound clips from both of them. but now i need someone to tell me which is best

thanx

2. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    It's personal prefrence. They're two different beasts so you should let your own ears decide.

3. lull&smooth

lull&smooth

Jun 21, 2004
    ok man i got what sound i want but, im lookin for quality too man.

4. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    In the quality aspect I have had my Morley for 5 years or so. It has had stuff spilled on it, people have fallen on top of it, lots of usage plus transporting on a plain board with no protection (and not always the greatest of care) and it has performed flawlessly. So I'd call it reliable and I have no experience with the Dunlop.

5. lull&smooth

lull&smooth

Jun 21, 2004
    thanks a bunch man, music to my ears

6. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    I had a regular Dunlop Bass Wah and now I've switched to the Morley and it's killing me getting accoustomed to the switchless circuitry. I enjoyed setting the Dunlop in a certain position and leaving it for parts of songs, but I can't do it with the Morley and it's also to try and do a sweeping wah without turning the pedal off. However, I love the pedal and the switchless part is great too.

7. where can I find a find a Sound Clip from the PBA-2??
    I'm also interested in that...

thank you

8. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    on the morley site

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I like them both, but I much prefer the Morley, but the Pro Series II Bass Wah, the blue one. It's the predecessor to the PBA-II and frankly, I thought it sounded much more pure and friendly. The PBA-II seems a little less "nice" for lack of words.

The Dunlops were fine, both the white and black one. The White Bass Crybaby had a similar feel as far as being springloaded and switchless, but had a much different sweep. Almost hard to get used to. The black one I most often used in a Ron Popiel "set it and forget it" fashion.

They're both completely opposite monsters, and one must play both to decide which is better. I liked the Dunlop until I landed a Morley and I've been on the hunt for another Morley since I sold mine in a fit of poorness. They're both exceptionally built units, and will offer you years of quality tone.