dunlop crybaby vs morley PBA-2

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lull&smooth, Jun 30, 2005.

1. lull&smooth

Jun 21, 2004
    im looking forward to buying a new wah pedal and i need some advice on what i should get. Ive found two good ones the morley pba-2 and the crybaby 105Q. Ive heard sound clips from both of them. but now i need someone to tell me which is best

2. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    It's personal prefrence. They're two different beasts so you should let your own ears decide.
  3. lull&smooth

Jun 21, 2004
    ok man i got what sound i want but, im lookin for quality too man.
  4. incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    In the quality aspect I have had my Morley for 5 years or so. It has had stuff spilled on it, people have fallen on top of it, lots of usage plus transporting on a plain board with no protection (and not always the greatest of care) and it has performed flawlessly. So I'd call it reliable and I have no experience with the Dunlop.
  5. lull&smooth

Jun 21, 2004
    thanks a bunch man, music to my ears
  6. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    I had a regular Dunlop Bass Wah and now I've switched to the Morley and it's killing me getting accoustomed to the switchless circuitry. I enjoyed setting the Dunlop in a certain position and leaving it for parts of songs, but I can't do it with the Morley and it's also to try and do a sweeping wah without turning the pedal off. However, I love the pedal and the switchless part is great too.
  7. where can I find a find a Sound Clip from the PBA-2??
    I'm also interested in that...

thank you
  8. lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    on the morley site
  9. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I like them both, but I much prefer the Morley, but the Pro Series II Bass Wah, the blue one. It's the predecessor to the PBA-II and frankly, I thought it sounded much more pure and friendly. The PBA-II seems a little less "nice" for lack of words.

The Dunlops were fine, both the white and black one. The White Bass Crybaby had a similar feel as far as being springloaded and switchless, but had a much different sweep. Almost hard to get used to. The black one I most often used in a Ron Popiel "set it and forget it" fashion.

They're both completely opposite monsters, and one must play both to decide which is better. I liked the Dunlop until I landed a Morley and I've been on the hunt for another Morley since I sold mine in a fit of poorness. They're both exceptionally built units, and will offer you years of quality tone.