1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dunlop DC Brick Dimensions???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mlove, Aug 8, 2007.

1. mlove

mlove

Jun 12, 2005
    Fredericton
    I am laying out my pedal board to be and I can find the dimensions of the Dunlop DC Brick.

Does anyone know them?

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    It's about the same as a small MXR pedal but what ever measurements you find please add about 1.5cm to the side for the cables as they are all straight jacks and stick out futher than you would expect/like.

Hope this helps

3. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Yup, it's basically a phase 90 enclosure. As Steve said, add a couple cm for the front of the unit.

4. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    +1... not much else for me to add.

...+80! :ninja:

5. assboglin

assboglin Banned

Jul 13, 2007
    Just a tip, I use a DC Brick with different Pedaltrain pedalboards, and sometimes instead of velcro-ing the power supply on top of the board I velcro it out front (on a pedaltrain it's the surface with the Pedaltrain sticker on it) with the cables coming in under the front end of my wah pedal. I don't know what your pedalboard looks like but for me it's an easy way to free up more pedal space.

6. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Interesting... do you have the hard or soft case?

I have a soft case, and opted to mount it underneath the board instead so that everything would stay protected. There's enough room to do it with a small supply like the DC Brick.

7. assboglin

assboglin Banned

Jul 13, 2007
    I've got a softcase for my pedaltrain jr., but I still carry it in the flight case for my larger pedaltrain, which leaves extra room for a power strip, cables, and whatnot. If I remember correctly the Jr. will still fit in it's softcase with the power supply out front, but I don't even know where my softcase is. I prefer to keep the red LED on the DC Brick visible because I have had power supplies die on me during gigs, and that way I can tell immediately when my sound cuts out if I've got a power supply problem or if I blew a fuse on my amp, which has also happened. Those are rare problems, but learning to diagnose problems and fix them fast in the middle of a song has come in useful for me.

8. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Ah... the one on mine is a blinding blue LED, so it shows up on the floor pretty well :D

Yeah, there's plenty of room in the softcase. But where this softcase goes, there's plenty of stuff that can run into the sides of it... the last thing I need is a busted power supply, so that's why I mounted it underneath.

9. assboglin

assboglin Banned

Jul 13, 2007
    Yeah, and you have to be careful when you have the ends of the power cables exposed. Back when I used to power a few effects with a daisy chain off a TU-2, a fat guy stepped on one of the power links and cracked the PCB inside one of my pedals, destroying it. That fat guy was my guitar player.

10. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    Funny enough, I was just going to ask the same question as the original poster. More specifically, what is the thickness of the DC Brick?

I am thinking of putting it under my Gator Pedal Tote (since the one that came with it is not working) and the space is limited.

11. assboglin

assboglin Banned

Jul 13, 2007
    Do you mean how tall is it? It's a little shorter than an MXR phase 90 box.

12. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    Then how tall is an MXR Phase 90?

13. All your answers are nicely laid out right here

14. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    And there you have it!
    Thanks!