Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dunlop DC Brick PROBLEM ???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Kelu, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Kelu

Kelu

Dec 6, 2002
    Lille in France
    Here is the problem :
    I want to buy a Dunlop Dc Brick on ebay USA because it is sold 75dollars, and here in France it is about 200dollars..
    I just wonder if I may have trouble with the power supply because french plugs arent like Usa's ones..
    Can I use the Dunlop with changing the original power supply with a French Normal one ?? Will it makes buzzes ?.
    Same question with the Voodoo lab pedal power, can I change the us electricity cable for a french one without damaging anything ????

2. plasson

plasson

Mar 21, 2005
    You can't.
    You need the European version (230v).

3. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    The Dunlop Brick uses an 18V/????mA supply, the brick just splits/changes the voltage to 7x9V and 3x18V. According the the site you just buy the 18V wall wart to the one for your region. I would think that it would come with the one for your region, if you buy it from a france dealer...

EDIT: also the site says that you can get the main wall wart separatly for different regions. You buy the brick, then buy the different warts, and voila, you can use the brick all over the world