1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Dunlop Super Bright Nickel OR SS 5 & 6 String Sets

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Zooberwerx, May 23, 2017.

1. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Price:
    Clarification: these are 6 string sets but there's no reason you can't use them on a 5 banger and throw away the high C...or low B if that's how you roll.

I actually bought these for my 5 string Carvin as I prefer the 130 B string. Due to a mechanical issue, the Carvin does not "play nicely" with this particular gauge (30-45-65-85-105-130) and would like to trade a couple of sets (nickel or SS...your choice) for 5 string sets which are a bit lighter (i.e. 40-125/128). I'm not terribly picky about the brand provided they're roundwound and long scale 34". They're brand new and in the original unopened packages.

Here's a link to description on the BSO website. Appreciate your help!

Edit: IIRC, I bought these when BSO had their Dunlop "blow-out" sale. If you have nothing to trade, I'll sell both sets for $30 shipped.

Dunlop Super Bright Bass Strings from Bass Strings Online

Riis

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  2. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    IMO, the 130 low B is the icing on the cupcake and was not available in the 5 string set. Fantastic clarity without the "flop" associated with lighter gauge strings.

Riis

3. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I'll also sell single or multiple sets of your choosing. I've got (3) sets of the SS's and (2) nickels. Make an offer.

Riis

4. MoonDoggy

MoonDoggy Registered Loser Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Altoona, PA
    I'll take both sets. Message me your PayPal address.

If you have more than the two SS 6 string sets, let me know.