Dunlop Wah is broken!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Masterbasser71, Aug 10, 2005.

1. So I bought a used a Dunlop 105Q Bass Wah a year ago. The one with the knobs at the bottom and the one where you have to click the heel of wah to actually turn it off. But anyways, aparently my wah has turned into something of a hybrid fuzz and wah pedal. Saying that, when I sweep from the starting position to half way, it is distorted in a vile and disgusting way, then the second half of the sweep its the lush wah I came to love. I have tested this at every variable Q setting and it applies to all. Half of the sweep is distorted, the other half is the actual wah. How do I fix this? Is it worth fixing? Where do i get the parts? I dusted it because originally the case was that the whole thing was distorted, but then I dusted it and now I have come to this. Getting the dust out with the cold can of air helped, but the thing is still useless. Help me! :help:
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Could be just about anything, but if the distortion starts at the same place in the sweep, it's more likely than not the potentiometer, which can be replaced fairly easily. I would still recommend a trip to the tech for this one though.
  3. hell you can drive TO DUNLOP, just call them, you live in the city right, it less than an hour to get their.

Dunlop Manufacturing, Inc.
    P.O. Box 846
    Benicia, CA 94510
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Dunlop charges $50 bench fee unless it's under warranty, and I'm pretty sure they don't allow walk-ins.
  5. yeah I knew that wouldnt happen, but you would probably be better jsut finding a good tech to fix it or DIY, as long as its just the pot you should be fine with a good soldering gun electric solder and after a few minutes a perfectly good wah.