Dunlops CryBaby Wah issue....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by LoRida, Feb 9, 2004.

1. LoRida

Apr 15, 2003
    I'm a bit frustrated by the wah's off delay. I mean when the pedal springs to the off position there is a slight delay before the effect turns off.

So does that bother you Dunlop users?

Is there a way to eliminate the delay? Has someone did that?
  2. thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    i'm prettysure there is a mod somewhere either here or in a.g.b usenet group that describes the newer models ahving a variable resister that you can change with a sscrewdriver in the battery compartment that lets you minimize the delay.....
  3. Dunlop = P.O.S.

1) Yes, there's a delay. It sucks.

2) Mine broke. It turned into a fuzz pedal for about a month, then it just stopped working. I can't even get a signal out of it, and it's not the batteries. How did it break? By sitting on my me. I never hit it/dropped it or whatever.
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Garrett, do you still have the dead wah? I may be interested in trying to fix it/convert it to a volume pedal.
  5. Well, I got my morley power wah in the mail yesterday. So I was happily playing with it (it actually overdrives the signal a bit when you turn up the intensity, which is ******* awesome), then I looked down at my Dunlop P.O.S.

I got mad at it and threw it out my window against the tree. When I picked it up a few hours later it actually worked lol.

Moral = If it's broken, throw it at a tree
  6. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    May I use it in my Signature???????? :rolleyes:
  7. Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    I know what to do when I my computer finally dies. :D