Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dunlops CryBaby Wah issue....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by LoRida, Feb 9, 2004.

1. LoRida

LoRida

Apr 15, 2003
    Poland
    I'm a bit frustrated by the wah's off delay. I mean when the pedal springs to the off position there is a slight delay before the effect turns off.

So does that bother you Dunlop users?

And

Is there a way to eliminate the delay? Has someone did that?

2. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    i'm prettysure there is a mod somewhere either here or in a.g.b usenet group that describes the newer models ahving a variable resister that you can change with a sscrewdriver in the battery compartment that lets you minimize the delay.....

3. Dunlop = P.O.S.

1) Yes, there's a delay. It sucks.

2) Mine broke. It turned into a fuzz pedal for about a month, then it just stopped working. I can't even get a signal out of it, and it's not the batteries. How did it break? By sitting on my floor..beats me. I never hit it/dropped it or whatever.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Garrett, do you still have the dead wah? I may be interested in trying to fix it/convert it to a volume pedal.

5. Well, I got my morley power wah in the mail yesterday. So I was happily playing with it (it actually overdrives the signal a bit when you turn up the intensity, which is ******* awesome), then I looked down at my Dunlop P.O.S.

I got mad at it and threw it out my window against the tree. When I picked it up a few hours later it actually worked lol.

Moral = If it's broken, throw it at a tree

6. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    May I use it in my Signature???????? :rolleyes:

7. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    I know what to do when I my computer finally dies. :D