1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dunno what to do --> Yamaha BB3000MA

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassocksky, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Bassocksky

Bassocksky

Aug 25, 2004
    Koeln, Germany
    Hi there from Europe...

I have a small problem and would be happy about some of your statements :meh:

I own two Yamaha BB1000MA basses (HEAD and DGCF) an I love them!
    (There are others too but they don't mention here...).

90% of the time I use these basses and I sold my Fender Precision because they sound more "dirty" than most Precis I checked.

Now someone sells the "big Bros'" BB3000MA in ebay for about 1000 bucks. I never had the chance to check out the 3000MA, so my question is:

Is the BB3000MA so much better then the BB1000MA?

Seems to be the same hardware (ok, an hipshot...), neck (but neck-through), a slightly more shaped body and the chilly dot inlays.

But is there a different sound?

Anyone compared these buddys a time ago? Any suggestions?

Thanx
    Andre

2. Bassocksky

Bassocksky

Aug 25, 2004
    Koeln, Germany
    Wow! So many replies! :)

So I'll give my own :spit: ;)

Today I had the chance to test a BB3000MA - and I was totally unimpressed!

I thought, a bass for 1.500 to 2.000 Dollar/Euro must be at least twice as good as my BB1000MAs :eyebrow:

But no! Forget about it....

My 1000MA got more punch, more dirt, more character and allows more dynamic playing.

More punch - ok, bolt-on against neck.-through - neck-through is the looooser.
    More dirt (P-like sound) - more emphasis on the midrange frequencies.
    More character - I was very surprised that the the BB3000MA sounded like "Basso Normalo" - like thousand other basses. Nothing special to recognize....
    More dynamic - The BB3000MA sounded a little bit compressed (my opinion).

So these are my results (and just my five cents):
    For the money I will get a better value. Save the money and buy the BB1000MA - this dude rocks like hell....

Andre