Dunno what to do --> Yamaha BB3000MA

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassocksky, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Bassocksky

Aug 25, 2004
    Koeln, Germany
    Hi there from Europe...

I have a small problem and would be happy about some of your statements :meh:

I own two Yamaha BB1000MA basses (HEAD and DGCF) an I love them!
    (There are others too but they don't mention here...).

90% of the time I use these basses and I sold my Fender Precision because they sound more "dirty" than most Precis I checked.

Now someone sells the "big Bros'" BB3000MA in ebay for about 1000 bucks. I never had the chance to check out the 3000MA, so my question is:

Is the BB3000MA so much better then the BB1000MA?

Seems to be the same hardware (ok, an hipshot...), neck (but neck-through), a slightly more shaped body and the chilly dot inlays.

But is there a different sound?

Anyone compared these buddys a time ago? Any suggestions?

2. Bassocksky

Aug 25, 2004
    Koeln, Germany
    Wow! So many replies! :)

So I'll give my own :spit: ;)

Today I had the chance to test a BB3000MA - and I was totally unimpressed!

I thought, a bass for 1.500 to 2.000 Dollar/Euro must be at least twice as good as my BB1000MAs :eyebrow:

But no! Forget about it....

My 1000MA got more punch, more dirt, more character and allows more dynamic playing.

More punch - ok, bolt-on against neck.-through - neck-through is the looooser.
    More dirt (P-like sound) - more emphasis on the midrange frequencies.
    More character - I was very surprised that the the BB3000MA sounded like "Basso Normalo" - like thousand other basses. Nothing special to recognize....
    More dynamic - The BB3000MA sounded a little bit compressed (my opinion).

So these are my results (and just my five cents):
    For the money I will get a better value. Save the money and buy the BB1000MA - this dude rocks like hell....