1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dunwich wizard fuzz

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Musicman1901, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Musicman1901

Musicman1901 Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Rochester, NY
    I just picked up this fuzz and it’s absolutely monstrous. Just wanted to share a quick demo I did because anyone that’s in the market for a new fuzz should definitely take a look at the wizard.

2. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    I’ve tried many a fuzz and settled on the Wizard cause IMO, it is the best.

Grayskull and Musicman1901 like this.
  3. Musicman1901

Jun 1, 2012
    Rochester, NY
    It’s pretty awesome man. My depth charge and Bluebeard have been on my board for years with no contenders and this thing absolutely smokes. I’ve had it about 4 hours and I think it’s alresdy earned a permanent spot on the board.

Matt Dean likes this.
  4. Matt Dean

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    Mine is one of a ten pedal build with a clean blend added...

wizard.

extreme, adamajah, knumbskull and 3 others like this.
  5. Musicman1901

Jun 1, 2012
    Rochester, NY
    Oh man that’s sweet. A clean blend is always awesome on dirt. The only thing I don’t love is the size. I mean..part of me thinks it’s just awesome because it’s massive and in your face but at the same time, it’s a tad obnoxious when it takes up as much pedalboard space as my whammy does haha.

Matt Dean likes this.
  6. Matt Dean

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    I know... :)

7. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Rehousing my big box Wizard is on my list.

Musicman1901 likes this.
  8. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas El Duderino Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    I had a Wizard, liked it a lot... but you guys should quit playing checkers and treat yourselves to a COG Grand Tarkin.

Not disrespecting Dunwich stuff, it all rules. I’m just blown away with this Tarkin. It is just completely massive and the perfect bass fuzz imo.

donahue likes this.
  9. Musicman1901

Jun 1, 2012
    Rochester, NY
    Ugh don’t tell me this lol. I’ve got 5 dirt pedals on my board already.

vivaknoxvegas likes this.
  10. Size and everything aside, the Wizard fuzz is killer! Its so good that I've ended up with both the WF125B and the mighty big box Wizard Fuzz. (Just got the Dunwich Witchfinder too but that's a different glorious animal ;)) Great job on the vid!

saltydude and Musicman1901 like this.
  11. Musicman1901

Jun 1, 2012
    Rochester, NY
    I’ve been trying to avoid looking into other Dunwich stuff as am out of space on my board so if somethings coming in something else has to go and I can’t bare that stress right now hahaha. And thank you, I’m glad you enjoyed it.

TodaysTomSawyer likes this.
  12. BurtMacklinFBI

BurtMacklinFBI Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2018
    I'd love to hear more details about the Witchfinder, demo or review or whatever.

13. Bruiser Stone

Bruiser Stone Supporting Member

Dec 7, 2017
    Tennessee
    Almost sold mine. Sometimes I think it’s overkill and a monstrosity, but I’m keeping it because for what it does...whew....

14. Matt Dean

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    The blend on the 125b Wizard, adds some taming qualities that makes it extremely usable.

15. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    “Perfect bass fuzz”, I have about 11 or 12 of those already. I know there are probably another 18 or 19 out there, but at some point you have to stop and let go of FOMO.

donahue, Mosfed and Musicman1901 like this.
  16. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I hope you still allow yourself to run the blend at 100% sometimes and not tame anything. If you anthropomophize your pedals, you can imagine that the Wizard doesn’t like being tamed.

17. 10cc

10cc

Oct 28, 2013

Pretty slick

vivaknoxvegas and Musicman1901 like this.
  18. 2010P

2010P

May 13, 2017
    I own a Big Box and a 125B Wizard. The 125B is clearly superior on bass because of the blend. MY 125 is a prize posession and I consider it one of the best bass fuzzes out there.

Musicman1901 likes this.
  19. saltydude

saltydude

Aug 15, 2011
    boston CANADA
    I’m in that club. :) Two of my favorites.

9B8FAAB5-8EE9-4598-858F-E2DB572F535C.

20. Musicman1901

Jun 1, 2012
    Rochester, NY
    Man I wanted to like the volt thrower so bad and I just hated it. I don’t know why. I think I’m just not a Rat guy. I have tried a few rat clones and I could never get sounds i liked out of them. The only one I’ve still been thinking of trying is the Iron Pig but I feel it would likely be a waste of money given my past experience with Rat style pedals.