1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Duracoating a pickguard

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sjeverett, Oct 17, 2013.

1. sjeverett

sjeverett

May 10, 2013
    I'm getting ready to revamp my '94 MIM pbass. Going to paint it Atomic Orange, install EMG-x pickups and going with a black pickguard. I could easily just sell the loaded pickguard or save for a project bass and buy a black pg but im also getting ready to duracoat a pair of 1911 pistols. Duracoat is tough stuff and sticks to plastic. I was just wondering if anyone has tried it before.

2. skychief

skychief

Apr 27, 2011
    South Bay
    Plz dont Duracoat the 1911's.. omg.. Get some Gun Blue or something.. anything.... plz think about this.

3. sjeverett

sjeverett

May 10, 2013
    The guns have a parkerized finish that im not fond of. It serves its purpose but its kinda ugly. I was wanting to duracoat them because park...is a good base for duracoat, cerakote, etc

4. bassman10096

bassman10096

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    Duracoat is a gritty, aggressive surface - tough to be sure. Tougher than the skin on your knuckles. Buy a black guard.

5. sjeverett

sjeverett

May 10, 2013
    Good point. I was just thinking if I had some left over, I'd give it a try but I think I'll just buy a black pg.