Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Durrrll Turns 40

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Sam Sherry, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Sam Sherry

Sam Sherry Inadvertent Microtonalist Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2001
    Portland, ME
    Euphonic Audio "Player"
    Yessir! Have a great year, Chris.

2. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Happy Burfday to you
    Happy Burfday to you
    Happy Burfday dear Der Ull
    Happy Burfday to you.

And many more!

3. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Did it hurt? Crossing 'the line', I mean.

4. Damon Rondeau

Damon Rondeau Journeyman Clam Artist Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2002
    Winnipeg, baby
    Not too much longer 'till the old midlife crisis kicks in. Anytime now we'll hear that old DURRL has moved to Vanuatu to fish and sun his nuts, has bought a Winnebago and gone to the Yukon to study caribou migration, has given up piano in favour of the double bass, or some such insanity of similar ilk...

All the best to ya, Chris! Thanks for keeping things civilized, interesting and friendly around here.

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Congratulations - welcome to the 40-somethings club!! ;)

6. ...and from another 40 something. Now if you gave up DB in favour of a :bassist: that would be a mid-life crisis :bawl: - now if you were in Blighty I might treat you to a set of ultra-ultra-lights and tell you to stop punishing yourself - after a days moderating do you really need it or is it the equivalent release of hitting a punch-bag with every note?

Many happy returns as we say :hyper: .

7. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Happy B-day, Chris!

Don't worry...the height of the freak-outage won't occur for about another year. Might as well go ahead and ask your doctor for a Xanax prescription...

8. Hey Man, Happy Birthday and We'll be looking forward to hearing what CD's the Little Woman got you for this one.....She spoils the hell outta you!

9. Well, have a nice one, and I hope no one bounces on the patch of thistles you were saving for the occasion…

…and, as Eeyore sez "…what are burfdays anyway? here today, and gone tomorrow!"

:meh:

- Wil

10. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Hey guys, thanks for the birthday props! Sorry it took so long for me to find this thread - it me a while for my poor old knees to hobble over to the computer...

You're not kidding. My lovely wife got me a 40gig iPod for my birthday. If you're too "old-school" to know what that means, it's a wallet-sized device that holds several thousand songs of your choosing. I can take much of my record collection with me wherever I go! I am truly blessed in the "little woman" department. :)

You guys rock.

11. Nuno A.

Nuno A. Velvet Strings Customer Service

Jul 9, 2001
    SWITZERLAND
    Happy birthday Chris, and enjoy your ipod, i sure enjoy mine ;)

NUNO

12. Sorry I missed the day of, but Happy Belated! Now be sure and take good care of your tooth!

13. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks! With the ipod, my tooth may still be lonely, but it will never be in need of good music just about anywhere. I'll be loading tunes into that thing for weeks!

Man, can't believe that "tooth" joke flew, coming as it was from a native of GEORGIA. What is that, "JOE-JAH", in the local vernacular? And he cracks a joke about my tooth??? :eyebrow:

14. olivier

olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    Bon anniversaire, Christophe. Save your back and knees, get that wheel !

15. What's this about your tooth?

16. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    happy birthday chris. :hyper:

17. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Sort of Djoah jah, with that sorta soft Brazilian "D" sound...

18. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Happy Birthday Killa ! This means that I am only three years and 12 days from being old !

haha fire away fellas.

19. christ andronis

christ andronis

Nov 14, 2001
    Chicago
    40???

..piece of cake.....you're not on the back nine yet!!!

Hope you enjoyed it!

peace :hyper:

20. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Otanjobi Omedetou Kurisu-kun! :D :D :D