Dust in Crevasses of Pick-ups?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Osama_Spears, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Hey...I have had my bass for about 4 months
    and it's in pretty good condition so far...except for the pick-ups...there is always dust in the little crevasses of the pick-ups (P/J combo)...it's not a whole lot...just a little bit...like you have to look to find 'em...you wouldn't notice it like 6 feet away...

well...I tried cleaning it...and nothing really happened...it got dusty again....

anyone help me?

2. jade

Mar 8, 2002
    i got the same pick up config on my bass.

i got tons of dust under my strings and by the pickups. i just leave the dust. it doesnt bother my sound. i might clean it once in a while when my black bass starts turning white.

sorry, i'm no help.
  3. This is a good question, actually.

I'd like to hear if anyone has some tips. My place is really dusty so I get a lot of dust on my instruments too. I can get most of it off but it is always hard to get that fine line of dust right close to where the pickups meet the top of the bass.

Anybody have any tips for getting that last little bit clean, short of unscrewing the pickups to get at them better?
  4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    go to walmart (or regional SuperStore type place) in the computer isle.... get a can of air.
  5. PolkaHero

Jan 5, 2002
    Ditto. OfficeMax had a great deal this week on Blaster canned air. Free after rebates!:)
  6. yep... canned air things work great. they're really fun, too.:p