1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dusty Hill's Telecaster...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SimplemanBB450, Apr 22, 2010.

1. In the offical video "Gimmie all your lovin'" both Bill and Dusty are playing Headless guitars. I am more interested in knowing about the Telecaster Bass, that is Headless, with no sight of any tuning mechanism. Any insight on this? I have done a search on google and here and only came up with their Fuzzy Guitars or his upside down bass, nothing on this one. I am more curious than anything on the Headless Tele. Thanks TB.

2. paul n

paul n

May 6, 2005
    Arden, NC
    The guitar version is in Billy's guitar and hotrod book: "Billy F. Gibbons, Rock & Roll Gear Head". Those guitars were props for the video. They were regular fenders that they took off the shelf lobbed the heads off of and pin-striped. The strings are just clamped or glued on (notice how the bass strings flop a lot when he hits them in the video). The quote in the book says "Not exactly playable...".

3. Thanks a bunch! I knew i could count on TB for the info - thanks again.