Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dutch members......????????

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joris, Aug 25, 2000.

1. I was just going through the members pages, and I was kinda shocked. Geezzzz, there must be, like 10,000 members.

So I thought to myself: would there be any, by any chance, Dutch members, like me and Mo'bass????

If so, please respond (in Dutch??? Nah... let's stay international)....

2. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    Sorry, I am not Dutch, but I lived there when I was a kid. In Vleuten right near Utrecht. I loved it and miss it very much. Hopefully I will travel there again sometime. Have you ever been to Vleuten?

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    "you take the high vleuten and i'll take the low vleuten and i'll get to amsterdam befooorrrrrree ye "

sorry.

4. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    i dont think there was a difference back then. it was just Vleuten, not Vleuten-Demeers. Ilived at the end of Multituli Straat next to a playground and soccer field.

5. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    geez, i was scared there for a while - i thought maybe you were serious. boy would i've looked stupid. :eek:

6. You guys crack me up........

I've never been to Vleuten. But I drive a lot, and usually past Utrecht. But even living in Etten-Leur, I've been closer to Vleuten than John and Ed have ever been..... high or low.

John, I've been meaning to ask you this: when will the sound samples from the Lord Only site be available again? I've been dying to hear you play your Conklins, and now I have an MP3 and Internet capable computer at home, only to find out you don't have sound samples on'line. Bummer....

Le' mi knoe.

Still no Dutch?

7. robotman

robotman

Jun 24, 2000
    i've never lived in Holland, but i visited there for about a week this summer. i was around den Haag. it was really really cold there. maybe it was just my texas blood, but i had to wear two pairs of socks everyhwere. it was crazy. not to mention the fact that the people we were staying with would never turn on the heat. crazy expats.;)

8. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    try this one, it's an older one, a test mix when we were writing the song, so a bunch of it has been re-recorded, but you can get a good idea of what we sound like...

http://lordonly.net/tobit1.mp3

9. John, I was hoping to hear you hit some highs, but nevertheless it sounds impressive! You're fast. Reminds me of ELO, or Kayak (supposed to be a compliment). And yes, you can hear it's test mix.....

Thanks.

Still no Dutch???

10. Hallo Joris,

Ik ben geen Nederlander.....but I can understand much of the written language(spoken is another matter!).

I do speak/read Duits...so that is where my knowledge of `t Nederlands comes from. I was there in `84.Ik hou van jouw land en van jouw mooi tal!

Hebt je voor,maar met de ICQ te spreken? Mijn # is 18653463

Tot ziens!
    Usul

11. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey joris, i saw that mullet crack on your web site. :D.

very groovy cabs you have there.

12. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    Netherlands
    Hi Guys,

I noticed another Dutch guy here on TB in another tread. I forgot his name :( but I remembered he's from Rotterdam.

JT refered him to this tread though so maybe he will show up....

13. I just happened to see a 'Nielske' from Venlo just registered today. Maybe he'll join us, but I doubt it. He hasn't posted yet.

Dus, Nielske, laat wat van je horen jongen!!!

John, sorry can't follow ya, you saw a mullet what? I may speak English very well, but slang is another question.... but I DON'T HAVE A MULLET. NO WAY. Oh, that's what you meant. You read the joke! :D ::grin:: This week I'll be uploading mp3's!!!!!!!

Usul, je kunt helaas wel merken dat je geen Nederlander bent, maar alle beetjes helpen (nou ja beetje... voor een niet-Nederlander spreek je de taal goed!)... Ik heb geen ICQ trouwens.

Any more Dutch???????

14. I'll just keep trying......

i'm amazed at how many people seem to visit this board once, register and then never return. What's the point? Paul just gets 800,000 members, and only a few hundred of them post. And only two Dutch for that matter.

Any more Dutch?????????

15. I'm Dutch.

Nog meer nederlanders. Joepie. Ik wist dat er hier meer zouden zijn. Er zijn nu dus 3 Nederlanders.
    Ik kom trouwens uit Sassenheim een Dorpje bij Leiden.

16. Hallo Joris,

Ik ben bassist en woon in Nederland (Dordrecht).
    Het lijkt me interessant met andere nederlandse bassisten in contact te komen.
    Via dit forum heb ik vragen gesteld aan Michael Manring
    en andere bassisten en leerzame informatie ontvangen.
    Het lijkt mij echter ook leuk kennis/ tips enz.verder uit te wisselen met landgenoten.

Groeten,

Tony.

17. Curt

Curt

Mar 19, 2000
    Kankakee, Illinois
    Just a hearty welcome to the Dutch contingent! :D

18. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

"Do I not like Orange!" - a quote for the English football fans, but seriously I do like the Netherlands and have visited a few time via Schipol. A few friends who live there.

19. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Wasn't present-day Santana bassist, Benny Rietveld born in The Netherlands?

20. Doug

Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    I'm not Dutch, but I used to work for a Dutch company and in fact my wife still does. The company was Ahold. They own most of the supermarket chains up and down the east coast. Met a few of the VP's from Holland. Really nice guys. Would love to visit during the height of tulip and daffodil season.

Yeah, so I like cool looking landscapes. So what!:D