Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dutchman going to San Francisco.......any bassstores?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by soulbrother, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Hey all!

At last! I am going to the States! COOL, it's my first time so I am very excited! Are there any cool music stores to check out? Please let me know!

Thankx!

Werner.

2. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    i'd check out Amoeba Records. Bring an extra suitcase, too.

3. When are you going ?

Coz there's a bassplayer BBQ-party at my place next week..

4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Well, there's that Wal-mart of guitar stores, Guitar Center. Down the block is a store called Rocker Guitars which has some decent stuff. Even better is the store called Real Guitars, which is not too far from there.

If you come to SF, you have to check out Haight-Ashbury. When you come, you can go to the Haight-Ashbury music center.

If you feel like crossing the Bay bridge and visiting Berkeley, I'd suggest Subway guitars, just to say you went there and Tupper and Reed.

The closest real cool place I can think of is Gelb music in Redwood City. It's the only place I know of that carries Zons, F Basses, ken Smiths AND Zons:eek:

I went there once and swore never to return until I could afford one of those basses. Needless to say, I haven't been back since (well, the drive isn't that pleasant either)

5. Thankx guys! Allodox, I will depart on the 9th of august. BBQ huh.....COOL!

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

So good it was worth mentioning twice, eh?:D

7. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    You better believe it.;)

8. Ain't it funny, the Y M C A is the place for me to stay during my SF holiday. Is that a right choice?

9. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I've never spent any time in any of the Ys in town. I know of a couple of youth hostels where I've had friends stay, though.