1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DVD Cover Making Software?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by No Profile, Nov 29, 2006.

1. No Profile

No Profile

Oct 22, 2005
    Just wondering if anyone knew of any decent softwear for making DVD covers. I don't mind paying a little bit for a really good one, but obviously a freeware programme isnt out of the question.

Cheers

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    If you have Nero for DVD burning that comes with a very good, but pretty basic cover designer. It's what I use.

3. disenchant

disenchant You can't plagiarize yourself.

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    I got one of those printers that prints directly on CDs and DVDs. It came with software. I like it because then you don't have to fool with labels, but you do have to get the special CDs with printable tops.

Otherwise the labels usually come with software you can use.

4. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Banned

Jun 30, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Endorsing Artist: Karl Hoyt Basses
    Do you already use any image software like photoshop, Illustrator, fireworks, or whatever? Just google a jpg template of the case style you are looking to make, and open it with whatever you want to build your image with.

For simple stuff even MS Word will do.

I keep a little text file with all the measurements for inserts, and now I just open the new document at exactly the size I need in whatever software I like.

If you are on a mac and running OS 9.x or OS X.x with Classic, go get the trial version of Typestyler III from Strider software. Everything at casablancos.com is made with TS3 and it exports to everything under the sun. Easily the best/most intuitive font manipulator and web widget builder out there.