1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dvorak Master Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Cassadie, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Cassadie

Cassadie

Sep 4, 2008
    I am looking at a used Knilling Jan Dvorak Master Bass and I had a few questions. The bass had about a 10 inch long crack near the end pin that was professionally repaired. Other than that, the bass is in great condition. Will this crack (even though repaired) affect my playing? It does not come with the bow, they are asking $4,000. Is this a reasonable price?

Thanks,
    Cassadie.

2. Andrew Grandahl

Andrew Grandahl

Sep 11, 2007
    Boston
    I don't see any reason the crack should effect your playing. Instruments crack, and if it was professionally prepared then there really shouldn't be any issue.

3. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC

Apr 17, 2004
    I don't see how any meaningful judgment can be rendered without an expert examination of the repair. I suggest that you take the bass to a luthier before you plunk down the cash. Think of it as cheap insurance! As to whether the bass is even worth the $4k asking price independent of the repair, I'll leave that to others who are more familiar with those particular instruments.