Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dying Fetus's Bass Player

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by I.'.I.'.Nakoa, Aug 21, 2002.

1. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    WOW! This guy is damn good. I just bought their new cd " Destroy The Opposition" and I must say I dig him. Check out the song "Praise The Lord" www.mp3.com/dyingfetus at about 3:12 he starts doing some pretty cool stuff.. Check him out.

2. jason netheron, now in the band Misery Index, saw them a few weeks and took alot of pictures with them, cool guys.

3. also yea hes a good bass player, i wouldnt say hes a good bassist-his gear isnt all that inclusive and when i talked to him about it, just didnt seem like a bassist.

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I worked with Jason for a few years (mid-90's) at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. He's a genuinely nice guy, totally into his music. He was so modest I didn't realize how successful his band was... for awhile I assumed his band just played for free at music showcase clubs like other local ultra-metal bands, but he eventually mentioned albums, so I grilled him and learned that he was often touring. He gave me a demo tape which sounded very cool, but I couldn't hear his bass playing very well on it. Never saw him perform live either, unfortunately. Hey Jason, you out there??

5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Just caught this... I think I know what you mean. One of the reasons I underestimated Jason was that he didn't show much interest in gear, and when he did he asked me questions.

6. jason left cause he had school, cant remember why the rest of the band left. you can email jason miseryindex@hotmail.com, he will probably email you back off tour. he just didn't really seem intrested in bass, i dont know i couldn't judge him, he just seemed to bass a bass player.