1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dying MicroPOG ...HELP!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DosiYanarchy, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Hey All

a week or so ago, i was at practice and my Micropog was sounding F*cked up - like its kinda feeding back within itself, and the pedal itself began to sound like a cross between fingernails down a blackboard and breaking glass. It wouldnt work properly through all that practice, but the next day when i had a go, it was fine except since then theres been a background hum that was never present before.

Just trying it out at home now, that horrific sound has started again,

any idea whats up?

This is my second micro POG (first one i sold to my guitarist and he still uses it regularly and is fine), and my girlfriend got it for our anniversary around november time. Its not seen excessive stomping, and when the fault first occured it was actually on my ehx pedal bag (only about 5/6 pedals powered by my TREX Fuel Tank Junior).

I have no idea whats up with it, ive tried it off different power supplies, but its still not right

heres a clip
    http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7470590

im not muching around during the clip to make it do this.

Basically if no one can help me out, is there at least some way about me returning it to EHX (if the retailer wont accept the pedal)?

I dont think i ever filled in one of those warrenty cards though.

argh

2. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    did you bang it around? maybe some integral pats of the PCB got f'd?

3. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    EHX will repair any pedal. Just contact them, get a repair order number (you'll write this on the box). Include a money order for 15 American dollars and ship it to them. They'll ship it back once it is repaired. Since you're in England, they may ask you to cover return shipping. You'll want to contact them to make sure.

4. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
  5. ok, thanks for the replies guys. Corey, you're right about the FTjr, but my guitarist runs his off a daisy chain with at least 4 other pedals (off a single wall wart) and his still works fine. Although I have noticed that the FTjr does like to crap out on me when theres too much goin on. And obviously i dont know what MA output his wall wart gives.

Ill give the micropog its own power and see how that goes.

6. It is a power issue. My ful size POG did this one day when we had a minor brownout.

7. did it die? or once the correct power was sorted was everything ok?