Dylan talks tone bass pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by GitmoMango, Jul 29, 2020.

1. GitmoMango

GitmoMango

Sep 5, 2019
    Has anyone ever tried out the Dylan Pickups from the “Dylan talks tone” YouTube guy? Seems like he knows what he’s taking about.

DylanPickups

This is the only information from the webstore: “The classic P Bass replacement. These pickups drop the mud without sacrificing low end. One user said "its like I had a cardboard box over my amp.”

2. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

His videos are a little crabby sounding at times. But the info seems solid. And I haven’t heard anything coming from him I’d categorically disagree with.

But the closest I got to buying anything from Dylan Guitars was a few weeks ago. I was seriously considering getting a set of his Telecaster pickups for a guitar project I’m working on. But I had sent an earlier presale tech query about one of them through the company's contact page. It wasn’t a complicated question. I just wanted to know if I could order a Tele neck pickup with a separate ground lead for the pickup cover. It’s sometime called a 3-wire Tele neck pickup. It’s a configuration needed for some Telecaster style wiring schemes. In my case I’m doing the Bill Lawrence 5-way version. So a simple “yes we can“ or “no we don’t offer that” would have been sufficient. But I never received an answer. So I went with Fralins instead.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    GitmoMango likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021