1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dyna Bass equalizer

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Cirrus B Low, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Cirrus B Low

Cirrus B Low

Jul 20, 2007
    Oklahoma
    The equalizer on my Peavey Dyna Bass is not working. All other controls work fine, but when I flip the switch down to turn on the equalizer, everything stops working. The battery had ran down a few weeks ago and when I went to change it out, I noticed one of the wires in the battery connection had came free of the circuit board. This has happened before and a friend of mine corrected it by soldering it back in place. I did the same thing this time, but the equalizer still does not work. I have taken it to a local music store whose owner has a lot of experience if repair, but he was unable to determine what the problem was. He suggested I call Peavey because there are a lot of electronic parts inside the bass that are only made by Peavey. He said he could install the part if they could tell me what the problem was. I realize diagnosing something like this, without having the guitar in hand, would be almost impossible, but I was wondering if anyone here new of a common problem with the Dyna Bass that I could inspect for and check myself. I have never had a problem with the guitar, in about 17 years of playing it, but it just doesn't have the same punch that I like, without the equalizer. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.