1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dywane Thomas Jr., AKA MonoNeon

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Rick Moors, Jan 15, 2013.

1. I rarely post on this thread because there are almost too many great bass players to keep track of, but ones like this kid don't come around too often.

He was a prodigy in Memphis at 17 playing in Gospel bands.

He's perfected a way of getting quarter tones ala Ravi Shankar on a fretted bass, just using a real fast vibrato, uses it a lot in soloing. He's got about 100 videos up, all jaw dropping.

This guy is flat nuts, but he has it all, time, groove, and inventiveness beyond what I'm hearing anybody else do.

As you can see, he also has a rather unique perspective about life in general.

downtownwillie and Clark Dark like this.
  2. Sorry about double posting the links, the first two are included in the bottom three.

3. Spaceman Ian

Spaceman Ian MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Baltimore, Md
    + infinity MonoNeon.

Jackie Clark likes this.
  4. hellofromming

hellofromming

Jan 18, 2012
    Mononeon is the best bassist for me
    Old school, with inventiveness... And he uploaded around 3 videos per week with flawless playing. He is simply a dare devil on bass.
    I am always curious why this guy still stay unknown... Even he has played with some big names before, but he surely deserve more than he is now.

Jackie Clark and downtownwillie like this.
  5. oaklandthumb

oaklandthumb Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2014
    Midwest USA
    Top 5 bassist for me. I steal as much from him as I can

Jackie Clark likes this.
  6. downtownwillie

downtownwillie Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Sanford MI
    MonoNeon is the most interesting and entertaining bassist out there right now. Totally original, extremely funky, and fearless. Groove monster!

Jackie Clark and oaklandthumb like this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021