e and g strings aren't as loud

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by chrispaulmusic, Jan 9, 2006.

1. chrispaulmusic

Dec 2, 2005
    Hey I just bought a G&L trib L2000. And it seems that the open e string and the g string aren't as loud as they a and d. But every other notes on the e string work just fine. However most of the notes on the g string are quiet. Is this just an eq setting? I tried messing with that already. Didn't help a whole lot. Could it be the pickup?
  2. I believe the pole pieces on G&L pickups are all adjustable. You could adjust the pole pieces so that the output is even across all strings.
  3. try raising the pole pieces under the g string a tad until the output evens out. That's why they are adjustable.

try it under the E as well. I am unsure as to *why* the open E sounds less so than a fretted note on the same string, but are we speaking acoustically, or amplified? If it's amplified, it could be many variables, not limited to nut material / winding count / break angle over the nut, etc... one more reason I'm a fan of zero frets... :D