1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

E-bo**ocks!

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by THIRSTYGUMS, Mar 23, 2006.

1. fattie64

fattie64

Oct 3, 2004
    AHH!!

2. yeah... saw that one a couple days ago... i didnt know weather to barf or to run to the bank....

3. JSPguitars

JSPguitars

Jan 12, 2004
    Grass Valley
    BAAAAAAARF!:rollno:

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    ugh.

5. Hey, this thing may have some use after all: if I were an economics professor and I needed to teach a class why Marx's labor theory of value is wrong, this would be a perfect prop. Clearly, it took a great deal of time and skill to do this carving, but all of it went into something that has just about zero value. :D :smug:

6. no, no your wrong it's worth $350 :eek: you must of misread the ad.:D

7. Unlike pork bellies or Japanese convertible 10-year corporate bonds, the market for hand-carved bass bodies is insufficiently developed to reach any sort of instantaneous equilibrium. :D

8. jeffhigh

jeffhigh

May 16, 2005
    Ive seen worse.
    Like the japanese bassist playing with a band here in australia who cut the horns off and cut holes all the way through his p bass to transform it into an abstract shape and added a stand to play it as an upright. real ugly

9. RaTTeR

RaTTeR Don't forget your towel!

Dec 25, 2005
    Riverside, Ca
    That draws a really bad picture... Sounds like he just needs to
    repaint the body yellow to be playing a cheesy bass.

10. Fasoldt Basses

Fasoldt Basses

Mar 22, 2005
    Stevens Point, WI
    Karl Thompson, Builder (Formerly Fat Karl)
    Ooh! Ooh! I'm from Wisconsin! I want one! I want one!

11. Ive got a drill... send it on down here... I can put a cuple holes in it... mind if any are in the fingerboard?:p

12. 4x4Given

4x4Given

Jul 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    I must say that is certainly different.

13. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Croatia
    OK,time to clarify some aspects about that monstruosity...
    The hacked (...oops...."hand-carved") body you see in that pic comes from a Romanian,factory-made bass (let's call it a "bass" for now).
    The factory is located in Reghin (Transilvania historical province-no stupid Dracula jokes,please!:rolleyes: ).
    The bass in discussion is a Frankenstein of it's own:a J-style body (made mostly from a very low-quality alder) and a Telecaster headstock.Needless to say,such instruments are unplayable:completely dead-sounding and,very often,impossible to tweak.Wrongly placed frets,bending necks,...you get the picture.
    What's most astonishing is that these basses were made in the Communist era (until 1989),therefore a relic of a remote period..but the factory continues even today to make such weirdos despite the fact that the country itself opened to the Western instruments' imports and nobody,I mean NOBODY ever buys them anymore.
    Just for the record...
    Regards,

14. Hookus

Hookus

Oct 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    I wonder if the Klingons know they have lost that...:confused: