1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

E Drums Amp Issues...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by davoscavo, Aug 12, 2012.

1. davoscavo

davoscavo

Jun 12, 2012
    So i recently got an electric drumkit and don't really have the cash for a drum amp. I've been trying to run the low end drums through my bass amp (kick drum toms) and the highs through a guitar amp (snare cymbals etc). The drum set does have two seperate outputs but im not sure how to send only some signals to each amp

2. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Can't you assign things left or right output?

3. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Charlottesville, VA
    1. That sounds like a hassle.
    2. If your spare bass rig includes a flat amp and a relatively flat & deep bass cab, try running the whole kit through that bass rig. (In your shoes, I'd use a MarkBass LMII into a Carvin LS1503 and call it done.)
    3. You should be able to assign drums to particular outputs on your electronic drum module.

4. Foz

Foz

Jul 26, 2008
    Jax FL USA
  5. +1

This is what I would have suggested as well.

6. nitromullet

nitromullet

Mar 29, 2012
    Seattle, WA
    What you want to do depends completely on your drum module. I used to have a Roland TD-9, it only had stereo outputs for the entire kit, but you could pan individual pieces R/L and achieve what you wanted to that way.

7. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen Commercial User

Jul 24, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    Guitar amps aren't very good for amplifying anything you don't want sounding like a guitar amp.

8. majortoby

majortoby

Jul 2, 2009
    Tampa, Fl USA
    Idk Mr. Foxen......once upon a great while ago, I perfected a drum track by adding some guitar amp style distortion. But that was back when I knew it all, which means I had no idea what I was doing :D