Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

E.H. Zipper on ebay

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
  2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I almost had one for $30, yes thirty bucks. Broken battery snap which I coulda replaced for $2. Unfortunately, someone popped the BIN while I was logging in.

This is something I'd kill for one day.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I had one back when they came out and it totally blew away the Mu-Tron III IMHO. Unfortunately some jerk stole it. I would love to get another one, but this buttwipe is high if he thinks he can sell it for $300 or more. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me since there are a lot of people with more money than sense.

4. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    30 bucks :confused: that would have been the Steal of the Century!

Yeah, 300 is a little...high - but it looks like its in good shape.

I scored one off ebay last year for $200.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I'd go $100, maybe $125 for one. Hell, I bought one new in 78 for $65! But it's just not important enough to me to get another one anymore. I still miss it, though. I hope the rat who stole it from me dies of a long, lingering illness, or a severe beating so bad that he's close to comatose but just conscious enough he can feel the pain.

6. hervetlse

hervetlse

Jan 25, 2002
    france toulouse
    Do you think the EH tube zipper (reissue), is almost as good as the old Zipper we are talking about?

I like the samples of it at EH site, does it produce the same kind of sounds as the Zipper or the mutronIII?

Thanks for your opinions. :bassist:

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    COMPLETELY DIFFERENT BEASTS.

There's a reason the old, electronically simpler one fetches more: it's BETTER.