Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

E-mail notification not working

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Michael Jewels, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Since 12/26/04 my e-mail notification here at Talkbass has not been working. I didn't do anything to my computer, and when I explained the situation to the computer guy here at my office, he said he would contact our Company's firewall protection service. They responded that Talkbass and the few other sites I visit are not being filtered as spam or anything else undesireable.

They suggested that someone from Talkbass send me a test e-mail, but isn't that the same as a thread e-mail notification?

I did receive a reply to a PM I sent on 12/30/04, but nothing after that.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be going on?

My computer guy suggested re-registerring here at TB, but I only want to do that as a last resort. I'd lose all my posts, would I not?

Any help appreciated.

BTW, since I'm not getting e-mail notification, I may be a little slow to respond to any replies.

Mike (stuck in a void) :(

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    don't re-register, i'm sure paul can fix something!

:)

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Dude...your computer guy at work is trying to help you work out problems so you can more effectively post on an internet message board?! That's probably the polar opposite of most of us who work and have to sneak peeks at TB in fearful shame.

brad cook

4. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    hahaha i just realized that!

:D

5. Brad, as long as I don't fool around during working hours, or go to X-rated sites (something I never do) they let me go wherever I want online. I even showed the top brass here the pictures from the NYC get-together we had in August.

Yes, the management here is way cool. :cool:

I guess I'm lucky. ;)

Carlos, thanks for the advice. :)

Mike

I still don't have e-mail notification. :bawl:

BUT LO !!!

The world clock strikes again! www.world-clock.org

No pun intended. :D

6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

The World Clock is on strike? What's the grievance?

7. A new nickname for Jennifer Lopez?

:D

Rock on
    Eric

8. Good one, Eric! :D

And NO, I'm still not getting e-mails from TB, only private messages.

Isn't that weird?

BTW, I just happened to look in this thread.

Mike

9. I know. I still can't stop laughing at it. So *BUMP* to make sure that everyone gets a chance to see it.

Rock on
    Eric

10. Well Paul and my computer guy have pretty much figured out that the regular Talkbass threads are being filtered as spam, but not the private messages due to the wording, and how the filter reads them. My computer guy isn't 100% sure, but he said that there are so many rules relating to the filter that this is what most likely is happening.

I am now reduced to having to write down which threads I contribute to, and then check them every few hours or so to see if someone else has added something because I'm not getting e-mail notification anymore.

Oh poop! :(

This just makes me want to listen to sad songs on XM satellite radio all day long! :D

This also just may be the straw that makes me buy my own computer for home.

'Bout time, wouldn't you say? I'm no cheapo, just lazy. :D

Mike

P.S. Thanks for all your help, Paul. :) I really do appreciate it. ;)

11. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    why not set up a yahoo account and use that one?

:)

12. MY E-MAIL JUST STARTED WORKING AGAIN !!! :hyper:

What a relief !!! :cool:

Mike :)

13. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    well, what was it?

and don't forget my Jaco the rottie thread!!! :D

14. The computer guy isn't sure yet, but other people here are starting to get their regular e-mails again.

Now, I go and check out da pup! :D

Mike