Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

E string on Variax bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Cortobass, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Cortobass

Cortobass

Apr 18, 2005
    Hello,

I bought a Variax Bass and found the E string is louder than other strings. That's very annoying if you don't use any compression. I tried to loosen then tighten my strings to adjust them on the piezos but the result didn't last. Did you have the same problem? How did you solve it?

Currently my bass is going back to Line 6 for repair. I hope it will be fixed quickly.

Fred

2. I'm sure it will be better than new when you get it back. Other than the E string problem, have you been happy with the bass? Have you used it on any gigs or just for recording?
    Thanks!!!!

3. Cortobass

Cortobass

Apr 18, 2005
    I've only used it for recording (I bought it last week) and I'm very happy with it. It's what I expected: not a perfect copy of the original basses used as models, but a very pleasant and playable instrument with a lot of different sounds impossible to get from a single "normal" bass (e.g. I don't care if the fretless model does not sound as a real J-Bass fretless; it has a different sound, a different flavor and that's all I need). It's definitely more than a toy or a gadget; it's a real instrument and would be currently my only bass if I hadn't this issue with the E string.

Fred
    (sorry for my english)

4. Thanks for the review Cortobass. I really want to try one of these things out!!!!!