1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

E-string problem!!!

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by MLB, Sep 30, 2017.

1. MLB

MLB

Jan 24, 2012
    Michigan
    I play a full set of Gut-A-Like strings. They have a copper wrapped, synthetic core e-string. The a, d, and g strings are great....nice and even. If I am playing a walking honky tonk or swing type song, anything I do on the e-string drops in volume below the other three strings. It dosn't seem to punch through. What is a good e-string with a good volume output that is still good for slap?

2. Co.

Co.

Sep 10, 2006
    Germany
    Wrapped strings usually have more sustain, and clearer pitch but less attack than non-wrapped strings.
    The perceived volume of a pizzed string depends on where your focus is. Sustain or attack.
    If you wish the same strong attack from the E string, like on the upper strings, you might try a non-wrapped E String, but it will sound less precise in pitch and have even less sustain than the upper strings.
    If you wish more volume in the sustain part of the note, you might try something like an Evah Pirazzi Weich.

bskts247 and Povl Carstensen like this.