E string to use with Super Silvers

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by Tim Skaggs, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Tim Skaggs

Tim Skaggs

Sep 28, 2002
    I've been using Innovation Super Silvers for about 10 years (on a '52 Kay M-1), and obviously like them, but E string has always been low tension / floppy. I'm looking for a more projecting, higher tension string that matches up well with the Innovation A, D, & G, so looking for suggestions. I need a string that won't buzz / slap the fingerboard when I dig in, but also, similar in diameter to the original Innovation E.

Thanks in advance.

2. Maybe a velvet garbo?

armybass likes this.
  3. Sam Dingle

Sam Dingle Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Nashville TN
    I would start with a different innovation. But I thought the super silvers were the highest tension nylons

4. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
    No, the hightest tension nylons are Ultra-Blacks, followed by Rockabillies I think.

5. Tim Skaggs

Tim Skaggs

Sep 28, 2002
    I think Super Silvers show to be medium tension on the Innovation web site. They feel very low tension on my bass, which I like, with the exception of the E string, which is a little too low tension.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022