E string volume

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Youngspanion, Jun 9, 2005.

1. My Marcus Miller E string seems very loud compared to the A,D,G. Any have one of these basses and is it a very common problem with them?
  2. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004

No MM bass but have a set of MM pups and had two sets. It's been a month since I've played them but I can pretty much balance the strings however I wanted with those pups tonewise and volume wise they balance fine - both sets.

If E & A are more pronounced, then simply dropping the E side of one pup works. But with only the E being pronounced, you'll have to jack with both pups cause simply dropping one will probably throw the A out of balance too - but do one first to see what happens cause if it works it'll save your a lot of grief.

Just use common sense to adjust them, how much of each pup do you usually use and know the neck is where more pronounced bass comes from. Look at where they are now and adjust each pup accordingly.

You might search through that terminal thread "what kind of strings do you use" and see if anybody mentions similar problems with the strings you use.