Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

E

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by ashton, Feb 18, 2002.

1. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    hi
    firstly i just thought that a catchy title like the one above would grab your attention.

just asking if anyones ever snapped their E string............when tuned to C. :eek: :D

yes, i have, and its not something id like to remember.
    later
    Lukas

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Yes... I used some super ultra mega lights from Rotosound in the mid 80's (I think the E was a .090).

Running them on a Ric thru a 4x12" / 1x18" 400watt biamped rig with some distortion on the highs... it sounded amazing. But, I broke just about every 3rd E string I put on.

thought never crossed my mind... but I'm sure it was the same as when mine broke... core split wrappings streched... was like I detuned it by 1.5 octaves mid note.

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, this belongs in strings, so off it goes, snappy-like.

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I've broken an E tuned to C, a B tuned to C, a B tuned to A, and later, I'll probably break B tuned to G...

5. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    hi
    i shouldhave mentioned this but i forgot to...i dont use thin gauge strings, i have the thickest gauge strings there is strapped on this thing, well i did have them strapped on. im going to check out fretless strings ( flatwounds ) next.
    later
    Lukas