EA 2-10 or Epifani 3-10 which is better?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Flat Bass, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    Which would be better for a stand alone cab?
  2. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Which EA 210? The VL or the CXL? BTW they are both out of production but you can still find them around.
  3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I have a EA VL210 and a Bergie 3/10......as a stand alone cab......the Bergie is alot better!
  4. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    I have both a EA CXL12L and an Epifani T112. I first a/b'd them at Mike Tobias' shop and then at home. The EA absolutely blows away the Epifani. All my student who I've put through the process agree. I have a WW stereo amp and can easily pan from 1 cabinet to the other.

I always thought that the Epifani was the state of the art - I was wrong.

Anyone want to buy a Epifani T112 (serious) ?

5. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    that post might not exactly help your chances in selling it;)

but actually, i saw your post on bassgear and was curious what the difference is to the newer cab since you said yours was the original version.
  6. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    People want Epifani cabs. They're really not interested in the fact that "I" say there not as good as the EA's - so be it. I am sure it will sell fairly soon.

The only difference between the old and the new as far as I can tell is that the newer ones have Speakon connectors and the older ones only have 1/4 inch.

7. abaguer

Nov 27, 2001
    Milford, NJ
    the VL210 is the only 210 cab I've seen that really handles a moderate-loud volume gig by itself. I used one with a WW ultra high and it was great. I ended selling it and going with two EA Cxl 112s because the weight was too much and the 112s are more efficient. I've also seen a couple of other bassists with just a VL210 and they cranked and sounded great.
  8. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I have the Vl210. I used to have an Eden 410 xlt. While the Eden was louder I like the clarity punch focus and depth of the VL 210 in comparison. Then I bought a second VL from a fellow TB'er( Thank Abaguer) and two of these powered with 1600 watts from a PLX 1602 is just heavenly. I use a single VL for small to medium gigs.