EA and Genz Benz Accodales

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JJBluegrasser, Jun 22, 2005.

1. JJBluegrasser

JJBluegrasser Wannabe Snazzy Dresser

Apr 17, 2003
    USA, Raleigh, NC
    Hi All,
    I play upright bass about 90% of the time, so I haven't put in a lot of time or money into my electric setup. I played my first rock and roll gig last night (man, was that fun) and I just wanted to take a second to say how proud I am of my rig.

It's a Genz Benz Series II head (bought here on Talkbass) and I used one of my two EA Cxl 1x12s (bought from Chris Fitzgerald, here on Talkbass). I have Seymour D Antiquity IIs (also bought here on TB) in my American Fender Jazz.

I can't believe how good it sounded. Full drum kit, two electric guitars to compete with, and it was still stoopid loud (even with just a single 1x12). The tone was there, all the notes were very clear, and it hit you in the chest every time I played a note. I had so much fun, I can't wait to rock out again real soon.

I know that none of this is "top of the line," but for what it cost, and how easy it is to transport, I couldn't be happier. Paul, my TB membership has payed for itself 30 times over, and I've had nothing but good experiences with everyone on the board.

Okay, thanks for your time...I'm out.
  2. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    I might disagree with your comment that your CXL-112 isn't top of the line, because I know mine is. :D
  3. JJBluegrasser

JJBluegrasser Wannabe Snazzy Dresser

Apr 17, 2003
    USA, Raleigh, NC
    Point taken Kael, and yes, I agree. I actually bought those for use with my upright, and they do sound great.

I guess I meant that my rig isn't <i>all</i> top of the line:)

4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA

it's always fun when everything sounds good.

kinda one of those "hey am i really makin' all that noise?" experiences.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I used to own that GB amp you have. I bought it from another TB'er, then sold it to the guy you bought it from. It has been around the forum. :)

It was an excellent performing amp for me. I had no problems with it. I was always surprised how loud it was.