EA and other "flatresponse" cabs with ampmodelling pedals

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, Jul 3, 2001.

1. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Wouldn´t these hifi flat frequencyresponse speakers be great to use with amp-modeling things like Sansamp bass driver or Bass Pod. That way you can get the natural sound of your bass/amp and if you want you can throw in a sansamp to be able to sound like an old SVT or b-15. Versatile!

What do you think? Anyone tried this?
  2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    MY main preamp is a bass POD pro. I really like my sound. The POD pro has duel sends. One goes to the board and includes their speaker emulation technology. The other goes to a power amp and does not. So when I am playing a Fender Bassman, I am playing a bassman through a 210 cabinet. I don't worry about it too much because I am only using the amp as a stage monitor anyway. I depend on the PA to do the work. It is possible to send send the speaker emulated signal into the power amp also. If I had speakers that really did what you are suggesting, I could get even more flexibility out of the POD. Although I don't think it is really possible. I think the "flat" speakers would still have a certain character to them.
  3. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    PR-1832H By Ampeg.
    It was designed to have a studio quality sound on stage..
    Steve Bailey and Victor Wooten use those.