Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EA and other "flatresponse" cabs with ampmodelling pedals

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, Jul 3, 2001.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Wouldn´t these hifi flat frequencyresponse speakers be great to use with amp-modeling things like Sansamp bass driver or Bass Pod. That way you can get the natural sound of your bass/amp and if you want you can throw in a sansamp to be able to sound like an old SVT or b-15. Versatile!

What do you think? Anyone tried this?

2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    MY main preamp is a bass POD pro. I really like my sound. The POD pro has duel sends. One goes to the board and includes their speaker emulation technology. The other goes to a power amp and does not. So when I am playing a Fender Bassman, I am playing a bassman through a 210 cabinet. I don't worry about it too much because I am only using the amp as a stage monitor anyway. I depend on the PA to do the work. It is possible to send send the speaker emulated signal into the power amp also. If I had speakers that really did what you are suggesting, I could get even more flexibility out of the POD. Although I don't think it is really possible. I think the "flat" speakers would still have a certain character to them.

3. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    PR-1832H By Ampeg.
    It was designed to have a studio quality sound on stage..
    Steve Bailey and Victor Wooten use those.