Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EA CXL110L

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BIGREDSIX, May 18, 2005.

1. BIGREDSIX

BIGREDSIX Supporting Member

Howdy, has anyone actually used one (or more) of these for five string electric bass? I have been offered one in trade but I have reservations. I would use it in tandem with a EA VL-208 or Bag End S15-D. TIA for any actual experiences you can relate.

2. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I recently bought a new, discontinued CXL110 and paired it up with the CXL110 in my iAMP-350.

When used alone in the 350, the 110 sounded tight and controlled on the bottom. You can read the gear review at:

http://www.talkbass.com/reviews/showproduct.php/product/597/sort/7/cat/28/page/3

I found the low B to be surprisingly well-rendered, especially given that we're talking about a single 10! Obviously, you won't jar paint from the walls or mow down the front row with chest-caving low register. But it's really quite a musically satisfying and totally adequate cab for small applications. When paired with another, it will handle small to medium sized room with ease.