1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EA CXL110L

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BIGREDSIX, May 18, 2005.

1. BIGREDSIX

BIGREDSIX Supporting Member

Howdy, has anyone actually used one (or more) of these for five string electric bass? I have been offered one in trade but I have reservations. I would use it in tandem with a EA VL-208 or Bag End S15-D. TIA for any actual experiences you can relate.

2. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I recently bought a new, discontinued CXL110 and paired it up with the CXL110 in my iAMP-350.

When used alone in the 350, the 110 sounded tight and controlled on the bottom. You can read the gear review at:

http://www.talkbass.com/reviews/showproduct.php/product/597/sort/7/cat/28/page/3

I found the low B to be surprisingly well-rendered, especially given that we're talking about a single 10! Obviously, you won't jar paint from the walls or mow down the front row with chest-caving low register. But it's really quite a musically satisfying and totally adequate cab for small applications. When paired with another, it will handle small to medium sized room with ease.